There is a saying that great leaders are made not born. This should give you hope that once you understand the characteristics of a great leader you can become one yourself. Here are a few things that every great leader does or possesses within themselves to inspire people around them.
1. Leaders are always improving. They understand that things are changing around them and for them to be great leader they must be changing too!
2. Great leaders inspire people around them to become better. People want to do their best because of their leadership.
3. Leaders know how to concentrate on people strengths and not their weaknesses. Everyone has things that they are good at and leaders know how to bring this out in a person.
4. Leaders are pro active and not reactive. They understand the importance of leading their people and not waiting for somebody else to get started.
5. Leaders treat people with respect and importance. They know that to get a person to do something they need to want to do it. Treating people with respect and importance is a technique that works for this.
6. Great leaders are self-motivated. They understand there will be ups and downs in their life and in their business, but they stay positive and do not let outside influences affect their attitudes.
7. Leaders are well spoken. They know how to say the right thing at the right time.
8. Leaders are always prepared. They don't leave things to chance but rather they control situations through preparation.
9. Great leaders do not have big egos. They care about others as opposed to being a self centered individual.
10. Great leaders are great mentors. They know how to pass on the knowledge that they themselves have personally already attained.
11. Leaders are people who write down goals and strive to achieve them. They understand the importance of goal setting and the example that they are teaching by doing this.
12. Great leaders are ambitious hard workers. They never expect more out of the people around them then they are willing to give themselves. This type of attitude is contagious and leads to everybody working harder.
In summary this is 12 characteristics of a great leader. If you strive hard to do these 12 things you yourself can become a great leader as well. By constantly working harder to do a better job of leading those around you will become more successful in your own life and business.