In many cases, the quality, competence, ability, attitude, and focus, of someone, serving in a position of leadership, differentiates our finest leaders, with the rest – of – the – packs. Shouldn’t it be the responsibility of a true leader, to bring their group, up – and – forward, towards its CEILING, rather than settling for, merely, good – enough, and/ or, the same – old, same – old, often – worn, and tires ideas and direction? Achieving this objective, requires, finding, the right group of individuals, to assume the reins of leading, and preparing them, properly, adequately, and in a focused, relevant manner, using well – considered, customized, leadership planning programs. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and involves, and why, it’s needed, and necessary.
1. Character; common ground; common sense: How might, one know, if he’s doing the right thing, until/ unless, he possesses the quality of character, needed to make a difference, for the better? Great leaders, consistently, seek common ground, and a meeting – of – the – minds, in order to bring people together, instead of polarizing, and/ or, antagonizing! While, this may seem obvious, and apparent, we need leaders, with common sense, which, often, is anything but the usual behavior/ actions!
2. Empathy; emphasis; energy/ energize; endurance; excellence: Begin, by demanding, your personal best! Effectively listen, far more often, than you speak, and proceed, with the utmost degree of genuine empathy! Let your emphasis be determined, by this characteristic! Will you have the personal energy, needed, to energize others, for the best interests of the group? Since there are usually, obstacles, thrust in the way, a great leader, inspires and motivates, by showing how these, are, merely, challenges, to overcome, instead of treating, and perceiving them, as debilitating problems! Combining the utmost endurance, and patience, with demanding your utmost degree of personal excellence, prepares you, to lead, your group!
3. Integrity; ideas; ideals: If someone, fails to proceed, consistently, with the utmost degree of genuine, absolute integrity, he shouldn’t be a leader! Great leaders merge honorable, relevant, meaningful ideas, with well – considered ideas!
4. Listen; learn; leading: You’re not leading, as is needed, unless/ until, you begin, by effectively listening, and learning, from every conversation and experience, and transform it, to expertise, with the finest degree of wisdom and judgment!
5. Imagination; innovate; invigorate; interesting: Do you have the relevant, sustainable, imagination, to make your organization, interesting, and meaningful, to attract others, to care more deeply, and get more involved? Will you accept the same – old, same – old, or innovate, to clearly demonstrate, your proof and value? It may require, invigorating others, towards, clearer, more focused, involvement!
6. Needs: You aren’t leading, unless you prioritize and address the needs, both, actual, as well as perceived, of your constituents, and create a strategy, and action plan, to move things, forward, in a positive way!
7. Generate goodwill; growth: Organizations must constantly, and consistently, undergo growth, or won’t be sustainable! In order to maximize the potential, the finest leader seeks to generate goodwill, for the common good!
How might you, bring your group, up to its potential CEILING? Are you fit to be a leader, and, up, to the task?