Haven’t we had enough, of the same – old, same – old, pseudo – leadership, which seems to focus on, avoiding perceived risks, instead of taking the time, having the energy, and relevant perception, to make a difference, for the better? Today, perhaps more than ever, because of the obstacles, organizations face, as well as the apparent, dearth of genuine leadership, our leaders must be ready, willing, and able, to proceed, with quality, FRESH ideas, emphasizing ways to achieve objectives, which align with constituent’s perceptions, and needs, as well as the best interests, in a relevant, sustainable manner, into the future! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it’s important, and truly matters.
1. Future; fruition; facts; furnish: How can anyone, become a quality leader, unless/ until, he faces the facts, and is ready, willing, and able, to consider the best course of action, to bring the optimal possibilities, to fruition? Great leaders, consistently, furnish the example, for others to follow, and consider, both, present needs, etc, as well as future, sustainable, best paths!
2. Relevant; reliable; realistic/ real; reasoning; reasonable: If others, don’t consider, your ideas, as reasonable, how will they ever, be relevant, sustainable, and productive? A great leader provides reliable direction, and articulates his reasoning, in an inspiring, motivating manner! It serves little purpose, if they proceed, with rose – colored glasses, instead of a realistic one! Keep it real!
3. Empathy; emphasis; energy/ energize; excellence: One must effectively listen, and learn, from every conversation, and experience, in order to proceed with the utmost degree of genuine empathy! This must direct his emphasis, and his high level of personal energy, must energize others, in a positive, productive way! They never settle for good – enough, but demand their utmost degree of personal excellence!
4. System; service; stronger/ strengths; sustainable; solutions: Ideas are only valuable, when they combine, idealism, with pragmatism! A real leader introduces his system, to provide the finest system, for the common good! The emphasis and focus, must be, to provide service, and make the group, stronger, consistently. Instead of making empty promises, and using rhetoric and populism, we are better served, when these ideas, are presented, with a strategic and action plan, and a path, to sustainable solutions!
5. Humane; healing; head/ heart: Constituents must be treated, as individuals, with needs, and perceptions, and, to do so, it takes a humane approach! The focus must be, on healing, and unifying, instead of polarization, and an adversarial emphasis! One must use, both, his finest, logical and emotional components, in a head/ heart, way!
If you want to become a quality leader, you will need FRESH ideas! Are you up to the task?